OMG! What have I done???

So my baby is almost a year old. I have 3 other children from my first marriage, but my one year old is my husband's only bio child. We're struggling financially and have no more bedrooms in my house, we had decided no more kids and I was going to go have mirena put in. I've been on the minipill because I was breastfeeding. Today was supposed to be my period, but I had a really funny feeling so I took a pregnancy test - and I'm pregnant! I'm so anti abortion, so I have to keep it but how am I going to do it with 5 kids, I have an autoimmune disease that causes fatigue, and my oldest child is special needs. I'm just can't believe this happened. How am I going to handle it all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• By taking it one day at a time!! Just hang in there.
    nosborne

Answer by nosborne at 1:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I wud pull my hair out !! i dont believe in abortion but i thnk i wud have to consider it !! 5 kids to many for me
    Anonymous

• Start enlisting help from those around you. Start gearing up the older children to help with more tasks and breathe! You can do this and you will do fine!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Oh my goodness, honey. These things happen. The best thing I can tell you to do is draw from ALL your resources....friends, family, and those out in the community. Don't be too proud. We all need help sometimes. Apply for WIC if you haven't already, look up support groups if you need them. You don't have to have an abortion. I know it's going to be hard. My mom was a single mom and I remember the struggles growing up. It can be hard.

Find all the help you can get. Sometimes there are local food pantries that can help a few times a month....that may help with the grocery bill. See if there are any free resources to go over a budgeting plan to help you out with that.

Food stamps may be an option depending on how much you all pull in. Good luck, honey.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 1:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• to add to above, you may be able to go to your local housing dept and see how they can help. if you rent, you may be able to get a bigger house with some help. just call your county's office, they're a huge help!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• OMG I couldn't imagine... that is my fear right now... like PP said, go to DSHS and see what your options are... I know it is going to be hard but you can do it!! Do you have any family or friends that you could ask for help??? If I lived by you I would help!! If you need anyone to talk to or vent let me know!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• You might consider adoption. I know it's usually single moms that adopt out, but I read an article in Self magazine about a couple that couldn't have kids and they ended up adopting a baby from a couple that already had kids and the wife was pregnant again. The pregnant couple knew they couldn't afford another baby and decided to go the adoption route. Good luck in whatever you decide.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• PLEASE PM ME. PLEASE. Right away. My brother and his wife are looking to adopt. They have their profile done and ready to do. PLEASE PM me.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 2:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• God only gives us what we can handle. You will make it through. It will be hard, but could you honestly see yourself giving up your child? Or worse aborting it.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I wish i could give you some advice but i cant. Just stay positive...I hope everything works out for you and your family.
    mimi_emc2

Answer by mimi_emc2 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2009