how old is your carpet?

How old is your carpet and do you think that there is a certain number of years that you will replace your carpet at if it is. Still in good condition?

Our carpet uP stairs is 14 years old and to me it is time to go it has some stains since it is the kids area. DJ seems to think that since most people who enter our home don't see it we shouldn't worry about replacing it. I think it is nasty and needs to be done soon. We have lived here for 18 years so I have ideas of what the stains are and between 5 kids and pets I think it is time to go

We replaced the entire main floor with hard wood a few years ago and I love it

mtnaspen

Asked by mtnaspen at 1:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• In apt it's every 5 years. I would replace it.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 1:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Why don't you try having it professionally cleaned before just ripping it out? To get a good job by a reputable company may cost you a couple hundred bucks, but it sure beats a couple of thousand to replace it, if the carpet can be cleaned up well. And a good company should be able to advise you whether it's worth spending the money on to clean or if there's nothing they can do and the carpet just needs to be replaced.
    Anonymous