DID ANYONE TAKE ZOLOFT WHILE PREGNANT????

I am going into my third trimester and was perscribed zoloft for mild depression. I wanted to know if any other women have taken it while pregnant and if so did the baby have major side effects?? All Honest Answers Are Appreciated... Thank you..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was taking Paxil which is of the same variety of meds while pregnant with my daughter for moderate anxiety. (I'm a hypochondriac) and she was just fine. SSRI's are generally considered safe, especially in your third trimester because all the major organs are developed already. The only thing they did toward the end of my pregnany was switch me to Lexapro because they said the baby might be cranky due to withdrawal. This doesn't always happen, and again...that was Paxil. Based on what I've read, Zoloft is the safest antidepressant for pregnancy and breastfeeding because it only passes to the baby in very miniscule amounts that don't amount to much even for a tiny person. Yes, it does pass on...but in a lot of cases like mine and I assume yours, the benefits of taking the drug far outweight the risks. I'm not longer on the drug now, but if it makes you feel better...dd is great and advanced for her age.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2009