Repeat caesarean and pain levels

My first 3 kids were vaginal births, but my 4th was a caesarean so I'm guessing this one will be too. I had a lot of pain after the csection. What is your experience with having a repeat csection - more pain, the same, or less?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, I had vaginal and caesarean, I was on my feet right away, some people don't want to get out of bed, because of the pain.

I know I can be very lazy, so it was not that bad, mind you I was stiched both times.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My first baby was vaginal and the other 3 caesarean. For me it was sore but they gave me medication for the pain and it help. The only time it hurt me is when the Dr. takes out the staples.
    panda515

Answer by panda515 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My first c-section hurt like hell. The second one was much less painful. I was up and walking much faster the second time. Will you schedule it? That was very nice, it was nice knowing exactly when it would occur.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• my first c was an emergency and i swear i could feel everything and the epi did not work! i had super high blood pressure and was on mag for 2 days! no water with that... i felt like death! with my second i was walking in a day, released from the hospital in 2 and a half day. really didnt hurt that much. the scar is worse looking, but i didnt think about it, and had a man do my second c section who happened to have big hands.... my first was a small woman, the scar is bigger now! but as far as the pain, second time around was sooo easy for me...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Um... Mine was less on the repeat because I didn't go through labor also. They did however screw up my pain meds! I think that if they had not messed that up that it would have been not much more than discomfort post surgery and recovery. I had one really rough night though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I had 3.
    My first was a breeze. My second and thirds had a bit more pain but not so bad that I needed pain meds past day 3.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2009