cloth diapers and wipes

What cloth diapers are your favorite and why? what material are your cloth wipes made of and what do you use as a solution for the wipes...any other great tips would help. Also how old/or how much did your baby weigh when you began using cloth diapers? thank you

Softwater

Asked by Softwater at 2:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use the old fashioned pre-folds with Thirsties covers. I like the pre-folds because they are cheap, they dry fast, and they now have these things called snappis so you don't have to worry about poking the baby with a diaper pin. My daughter is now 11 weeks old and I just ordered a bigger size of the pre-folds and I also ordered 2 Bum Genius 3.0 and 2 Fuzzibunz to try out. We started using the cloth diapers when she was about 3 weeks old. We waited until her umbilical cord fell off. As for wipes, my MIL made my daughter and her cousin hooded towels so she just used the scraps from the towels to make wipes. I have about 25 wipes and I just use plain old water with them. I could probably use about 5 more wipes though. I wash dipes every other day and I sometimes run out of the cloth wipes while the dipes are washing.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I really like Mother Ease diapers. As for wipes, we just use little baby wash rags with warm water. If he has a real poopy butt I will just put a little baby soap on the rag.
    Happy2bMom09

Answer by Happy2bMom09 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I made my own fitteds (look just like a disposable - with velcro fasteners) and covers. my favorite purchased was the VERY BABY (you can buy them made or buy the pattern to make your own). and covers I loved bummis and a couple others I can't remember what their names were.

but started out with flats that you fold and pull on plastic pants. then prefolds and then onto fitted diapers. to boost the 'soakability' I

I prefer fitted with a cover - because you can use the cover until it really needs a wash. the AIOs while convenient can only be used for one 'sitting' even if its just pee it needs to be washed. they take a LONG time to dry - or longer than prefolds and fitteds.

used cloth for all three kids from birth to potty trained.

wipes - I used baby washcloths for pee, and some heavier washcloths (old worn out ones) cut into smaller pieces. dip into a pail that had a squirt of babywash, baby oil and waer
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Thank you everyone...it is so helpfull!!!!
    Softwater

Answer by Softwater at 8:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2009