i just found out im pregnant this morning i got a chest exray 3 days ago

im just scared it going to cause major harm to the baby

dreaminmama

Asked by dreaminmama at 2:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's really not that much radiation. Your baby will be fine. Just dont' go get an x-ray every day! :)
    Anonymous

• Congrats! I just read about this, and today's X-rays are so targeted to the area in which you are getting them that the radiation that may have hit your stomach was probably so miniscule it won't matter. If they'd know you were pregnant they have given a lead apron or something, but even without one the chances on X-ray will cause damage is very slim. I think you are okay...just don't have any taken of your stomach. :-)
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• thank u for writting back ... that made me feel better
    dreaminmama

Answer by dreaminmama at 2:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I am sure all will be fine. I didn't know I was pregnant with my first and had some X-rays done...what was funny was that they even asked me before the X-rays "Any chance of pregnancy?" and I said, "No way!" (my husband and I had always been pretty careful). Well, apparently I was wrong, as I found out a few weeks later. Anyway, the baby did not suffer any harm from the X-rays and is a healthy, happy 8 year old little girl now :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2009