OK so i thought timing method would help.....

increase our chances of concieving a son. So i've read that if you have sex on ovulation or say day after your chances increase for a boy. Well my dh and I bd on day 14 and 15 along with using opt to mark ovulation and well per us tech we are having another girl. Am i just in the 1-3 % that this method doesn't work or what. Has anyone else tried this to concieve either sex? NO Bashing please!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they say that will help you get a boy bc the boys swim faster, but die quicker. you are not in the 1-3% it didnt work for, it has a much higher fail rate than that. maybe your husband produces more x than y, you never know.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I don't know my doc. told us the man must picture having a boy during the act. Increase meat and potato intake on both and for me to lay of the woman vit, also that he needed to take some thing to increase testosterone. We did them all and had a boy. I don't know if any worked or just coincidence.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I have NEVER heard of the gender selection method being 97-99% accurate like you referrenced! I would say maybe like 60% accurate! I used the gender selection method twice and got what we were trying for twice. I had failed BC this time and had sex on day 13 of my cycle and got a boy (which the gender selection method would say the day before you ovulate, I have a 28 days cycle so I should ovulate on day 14) would make a boy.

Unless you know for sure what day you ovulate then the gender selection method would be pointless
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2009