Computer Savvy Moms- Windows XP/Vista

So this computer originally had Vista on it. My husband said something was wrong with it and went to have it "fixed" by his friend. Well, when his friend "fixed" it, he installed Windows XP on here and got rid of vista. The XP version is a copy and not legitimate.
The computer runs just fine, and has been for the past several months. I have a recovery disc of Vista (The kind you get when you buy your computer). I was wondering if I use that disc and put windows vista back on here? Or would it not work because vista was taken off when XP was installed?

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 2:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Technology

• The recovery disk should work.

However be sure to back up all of your data... (photos, programs, documents, mp3's...etc...) ---- As anything that didn't originally come with the computer will be lost.

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 6:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2009

• According to my computer tech son: The recovery disk should have the original Vista on it, including the key. Look for the 1st disk, it should be bootable, meaning you put it in the CD drive and start your computer. If you are not sure, get into Windows XP and put the disk in and then run the recovery program.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2009