How old were your children when they.....

First started taking showers by themselves? Instead of baths with the help of a parent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 3 yrs old but i keep a close eye on him he loves showers he gets in with me or his dad alot too but he still do baths too
    Anonymous

• I don't remember but probably about 8.
    bertie4

Answer by bertie4 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i think ill let mine like in 1st grade
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Thanks, I have been having a hard time trying to figure out what age is appropriate. But from the various answers I guess it's when both child and parent are ready! Thanks again
    Anonymous

• my kids take a shower with dh. my 21/2 yr old. she likes to take a shower by herself but dh doesnt let her cuz we try once and she made a mess lol. so eh goes in with her and monitors her and helps her wheh she needs help. i think by 3 she will be ready, she can put soap on good and she is ok about her hair
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I let my son take a shower by himself at the age of 5...needless to say when I went to get him a fresh towel from the dryer, he opened the curtain and got the floor wet!

So now Im in there with him when he does cause he HAS to open it to talk to me...WHY I don't know its not like I cannot hear him I say! LOL

AND I make sure he HAS a towel before stepping in!
    Anonymous