what do u mothers thing?

i have 8month old twin boys. i love them with all my heart. my mom and dad want me not to have anymore. my hubby and i do want more kids someday. im on the pill right now. his family say wait 5 to 10 years to have anymore. me and my hubby are young. im 20&his 22. but babies are alot of work. i want to have a little girl. but i dont know if i want to do the baby thing all over in 5 to 10 years.my body just keeps telling me to stop the pill and dont tell anyone.(i love being pregnant.) but i know right now things are tight and putting other baby in to it would make it harder. and the chages of having twins is so high for me and my hubby that when the doctor says we are. it not if its a girl or boy the thing will be how many?. my body wants a baby. i dont want to do the baby stuff again. i would like to have all the kids we will have now and them all be close in age. but noone but me wants a new baby right now. what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Okay...first of all, it's nobody's business when you have kids or how many kids you have. This is your life and your family and if you think you can handle things emotionally and financially, then that is your business. I would advise against having a baby until you know that you can take care of it (them?) without having to scrape by. Yes, I am pregnant and we aren't rich...but make sure you can buy clothes, food, and toys for all the kids before you have another. Having a baby you can't care for is selfish to the kids because you want them to have all they need and live comfortably enough. However, if you can feed and clothe another baby and you want one...no one has the right to tell you not to. I'm sure your families are merely concerned, but you are a big girl and the decision is your's to make. Sit down with ur SO and discuss things, budgets, etc...and make an adult decision from there. Good luck!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Most importantly, talk to your husband. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It's your life and his life and the babies life. Not theirs. But don't just stop taking the pill without talking to your husband. That's deceptive and will cause problems in the marriage. Be honest and up-front with your husband about your wishes and concerns and decide together (without other's input, this is a decision for yourself and you husband, not other family members) what you should do. Maybe not wait 5-10 years but wait 1-3 years. Then they are still close in age but you won't have 3 (or more) in diapers at once. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• You should wait at LEAST a year....enjoy the 2 baby's you have now! You are both still young....just like my husband and I (both 22) We have a 20 month old son and are now just starting TTC. If you aren't finacially secure right now, the best thing you can do for your family and any future children is to wait until you are. GL, I know it's hard, but you have to think about what's best in the long run...and if you wait a year or two or three to TTC they will still be close in age!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 2:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Do what you want! DH and I are ttc and no one wants us to have another one. His side doesn't want us to have anymore period. Well I am not done. We both want a big family. Do what is going to make you happy. Everything else will fall into place. You may regret not having any later. Just do what your heart tells you not what everyone else is. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• what your parents think doesn't matter but what your husband thinks does. You can't go behind his back and get yourself pregnant. the more children you have that are very young, the more strain on your marriage. You are young and you have time. you can still have kids close together and wait a little while. Be respectful of your spouse and wait.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 5:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i say wait atleast till the twins are one before u try again.. Its your life and its between you adn your husband, n if you get pregnant again with twin boys then i guess you will have four boys.. but i think you should enjoy your boys for a while before you have more kids but i agree with you 5 to 10 years its a bit far apart.
    cubana1003

Answer by cubana1003 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I know how you feel. Everyone is telling me and my husband to wait as well but when it comes down to it its up to us and we want another one plain and simple. Figure it out with your husband and leave everyone else's opinions out of it. I want my kids close in age too so I get what you mean! Well at least the 1st 2 we want close in age. We have our plan we want another one now and then we're gonna wait 2 or 3 years before starting on the 2nd set. (We want 4 altogether) so just figure it out with your husband and forget everyone else the choice is yours.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2009