Agree or disagree? (a question for all).

"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." ~Andre Gide

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 3:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• It sounds like gibberish to me, LOL.
    Anonymous

• Does this question has something to do with Obama's way to deceive us?
    Anonymous

• Disagree Just cus you seek truth doesn't mean you doubt those who find it. It means their truth my not be your truth. Every person has different things that are true to/for them.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• agree and disagree haha. it shouldnt say "doubt those who find it" but "doubt those who claim to have found it yet still act like they havent" or "doubt those who need everyone else to find the same truth in order to validate their own findings".

i think what the quote means by "those who have found it" are those who refuse to keep searching or learning once they've found truth.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• agree
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Mostly agree.

I wouldnt doubt those who found truth per se, unless they claimed it was THE one and only truth...then Id start doubting.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Agree, the quest for truth is never-ending as "truth" is both subjective and relative.Those who claim to have found it have simply stopped looking at the subjective points of it. This often leads to the "truth" being merely their own interpretation of it instead of the ACTUALITY of it and ends up making them hypocrites to their reasoning.. They focus on the relative meanings of it. For example let's take killing another. The relative would be that it is Wrong. The subjective is the circumstances surrounding it that deem it justified such as in time of war, in self defense, for survival, etc.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I certainly agree to doubt those who have "found the truth," but honestly, I think anyone who is seeking "The Truth" (religiously or spiritually speaking) is also on the wrong path.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I know 2+2=4 that is the truth. the only person I will doubt is the one who does not say this is the truth.
    Anonymous