Anyone have any ideas on how i can get my 3 yr old son to leave my 5 wk old son alone?

I have let my 3 yr old help me wit my 5 wk old thinkin that was going to get my 3 yr old to leave him alone yea that didnt work! he always wants to be in his face messing wit him! the other day i had the baby in his swing an i ran to the bathroom well thank god i only had to pee cuz my 3 yr old was trying to take him out of the swing! i dont know wat to do i have tried time outs spanking taken things away an i have talked to him but nothin is working! anyone have any advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Praise him when he does something right for the baby, and tell him no gently and lovingly when he does something dangerous. Give him extra attention just for being himself so he can't possibly feel jealous of the baby, in case that has something to do with it.

Extra attention, and praise for good behavior toward the baby.

Answer by Bmat at 3:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Get him a baby doll and baby doll swing and a stroller. That way he can take care of his baby just like you take care of the baby. I know some may disagree with getting a boy a doll but it really does work.
    I also agree with Bmat.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 3:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Ty ladies im just so scared that he is going to hurt the baby i know he would not hurt the baby on purpose im just scared! i even went out an bought a sling so i had the baby with me at all times but it hurts my shoulder!
    Anonymous