Women scare me. Seriously. Anyone else?

So, as much fun as I have on this website, it has confirmed what I always knew: Women are scary. I have known so many uptight, anal-retentive women in my 23 years that it's no wonder I don't really have any friends. I think I am honestly scared to get to know a lot of women cause there are so many that are just plain scary and annoying to be around. I know there are nice women too, but a lot are just bitches, honestly, and I am a woman so I can say it if I want to. In general I find men way more pleasant to be around, regardless of how annoyingly male they can be. I am not trying to be sexist, or generalize, but just from personal experince, I don't click with a lot of women. I'd like to have female friends but most women I meet just give off an annoying attitude that just turns me away. Anyone else had this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It may be an age thing too. Some women chill out as they get older. Maybe you should try to hang out with more mature women? I'd say it sounds mostly like you're not encountering quality women - They do exist! For real!

My mother used to feel the way that you do, but recently she has been the only woman working at her job for the past 5 or so years and she is ready to rip her hair out with all these men. They can't even wipe their own back sides with out asking her how first. She's really going nuts. Then she just comes home to my father and nephew. So I'd say - be careful what you ask for! LOL! When I come over she's always saying "Thank GOD!!! Another woman is here!!!" Hahaha!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 3:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• not being as gender identified as most women, i find it a waste of my time to associate one on one with them... the useless blabber about fashion, fake nails, hair stylists, and POP culture is more than i can take. seriously, would much rather spend time with my children, my lovely, my hand full of "brothers".... hell, the neighbors annoying cat!

on the other hand, i am a CM member... so, that seems a slight conflict. i do enjoy watching their asinine rituals though!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• A am with you on this. This is about as close as I get to talking to women. I have tried over my 48 years to have female friends. But they all just turn me off as friends.

Answer by louise2 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i have a problem...ill admit, i cant stand doing a whole lot of chatting with another, im just not that way, im fine with no friends, i have 4 kids and i feel way to responsible for them, i might have a "girls night" once a month or so IF i did have friends but i also on the other hand feel guilty if hubby doesnt get out with me either.

i rather just go out with hubby and try to have fun with him, i feel lonely and left out if i didnt invite him.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Did it perhaps occur to you that you're hanging around a lot of women like yourself?
    Anonymous

• i tryed being friends with my nieghbor at one point but then i see too many flaws like wanting info from me and backstabbing and such. im not saying im perfect but i just like not putting up with drama with another woman.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i am 26 and i have'nt gotten along with women in my age group since i've had my son..at 21. I usually get along with woman 40+
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I've always found it easier to be friends with guys...in fact, when my hubby and I first started dating he hated that fact...most of my friends were guys. So now, as a mom and wife I don't really have a lot of friends with the exception of a few good online connections...meeting in real life just seems so unrealistic anymore...the few women I get along with are just as busy as me, with kids, jobs, life in general. I wish my mom was close by -- because I'm probably a better friend with her...(of course she and I didn't hardly get along growing up.) But it would be nice to "hang with the girls" every now and again...
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 3:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Well not to be bitchy or scary, but in my experience, women who use the 'i have more male than female friends' line are usually the ones to blame for having difficult female relationships. They are usually hard to get along with. Personally, I love having female friends. I am the middle child of 3 girls, so I guess you could say I'm used to women. I only wanted to have a daughter, not a son, and luckily got my choice. If I had to have very few interactions with men (other than my DH) I would! Men are simple and often perverted individuals. With my female friends, we can shop, get ready together, dance, etc. I much prefer the company of women, and strong women at that, as most of my friends are 'scary' as my DH puts it. haha. The few male friendships I"ve had, they've tried hitting on me! I woke up once with my male 'friend' in my bed trying to sleep with me. Ugh.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Granted, I have been friends with shady women and a shady, jealous woman is about 1million times scarier than any man. There are always the bad apples, but overall, all of my female friendships have been great. We women have to deal with a lot of shit in our lives and it is great to have others to rely on.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2009