around what age do babies sleep through the night?

this is my third baby but i can not seem to remember at what age my other two started to sleep through the night. my son is 9 months and still wakes up three times a night. its not to bad but would like to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
rachel

raykaye

Asked by raykaye at 3:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It varies, I was blessed with 2 children who LOVE to sleep! My oldest started sleeping through the night at 4 weeks, and my second who is only 8 weeks has been sleeping through the night since she was 6 weeks old! I mean sure we have a few nights of wakings, but not too often! Just hand in their! It will happen soon!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• depends on the kid...my oldest slept throught the night since day 1... my 2nd just started sleeping through the night at about 18-19 mo. Im expecting a lil girl this time...i sure hope she sleeps better.
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• mine is 11months old and slept through the night for the first time last night :)
    dscgoodenough

Answer by dscgoodenough at 3:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Depends on the child because they all tend to be different.

Mine were all "through the night" sleepers by 2 mths.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My baby girl is two and a half months old. She sleeps through the night two out of three nights. Its like two nights she sleeps through the third she wakes up.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 4:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Anywhere from birth to....well, mine's ten years old and doesn't sleep eight straight. Nor do I at age 46.

It'll happen when it happens.

But as to light at the end of the tunnel: you *did* see that Mommy Contract clause saying you're never allowed eight hours again? **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 4:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i can't complain, mine has been sleeping after the last bottle (now at 10 pm) through the night since he was 1 1/2 months old.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My first two slept for about 6 hours at a stretch at about 6 weeks. The youngest was premature and was up every 2-3 hours for 3-4 months.
    Anonymous

• I slept through the night my first night home - my dad loves telling the story, I slept 8 hours straight, my mom scared awake completely freaked out. There are some babies that do that. Some babies will wake up multiple times a night til they're 2-3 years old. There is no "set" time that they do it. Some professionals say that if a baby sleeps 5 hours straight, they're sleeping through the night. My youngest woke up every half hour for 3 weeks, and at least 3 times a night everynight til just before he turned 2. He's going on 3 now and still wakes up at least once a night every night.
    Anonymous

• As you see there is no correct answer. :)

For my 2 boys.... The first started sleeping 12 hours straight by 5 weeks. The second not until 9 weeks.
    Electress

Answer by Electress at 11:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2009