wow...really?

i don't really know where to post this...

anyway, i have a friend on facebook who's husband/fiance or w/e is in the hospital...with like h1n1 and pnuemonia...yea, I feel bad for her, that crap sucks, and it has to be hard seeing your husband like that.
BUT...in her facebook statuses she's asking people if they feel like getting him something to give them "get well cards with giftcards" and "no balloons or flowers" and that the "giftcards would be more beneficial to them"...

UM HELLO? can't you just be thankful that people care about him? why would you give a crap what they were offering?

i don't know...this just seemed really shallow to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• um, if he is in the hospital, WTF does he need a Target gift card for?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• That does seem tacky. If my DH was ever in the hospital, the last thing on my mind would be Facebook and what kind of gifts people will get him!
    Anonymous

• Completely tacky. Seems to me like she is looking to benefit from a bad situation. She needs to focus on helping him get better and not on what she can get out of him being sick.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• It is kind of tacky, but she probably doesn't want to haul a bunch of stuff home that will never get used and just because she "suggested it" doesn't mean you have to give her one. There are a lot of misc. hospital expenses that insurance doesn't cover and being able to use her cash to cover those expenses, and buy the necessities at the store as and when they need them might be the only way they will be able to cope for a couple of months.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• WOW I WAS IN THE hospital last week if i had knew this was the new trend i would have asked for strictly cash..no flowers or cards you dont even have to come and see me....cash is good....lololololol.
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• ugh..seems like she took a sad situation and turned it into something to gain for herself. i guess if my hubby was in the hospital and i would be at home taking care of the kids, i wouldnt post it on facebook of all things.

there was a situation where a child had died and someone put in their thought bubble that her little child had died, pple everywhere really had a problem with that. they were posting in groups and alot of other areas.

idk, someone's sick, i guess the web is the last place i'd post anything
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I don't wanna judge too harshly, but it does seem tacky. I mean I guess if they are like super broke and need help, I can kinda see it, but it's kinda.... weird.
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2009