Could this really indicate twins???

Okay. I am 11 weeks pregnant. The pregnancy test showed up days before it was supposed to. So people kept saying "Oh wow, that happened to so and so and she had twins". But I decided that was unlikely...but now I feel the baby moving. Yes, I know it's too early and the first couple of times I felt it I told myself that. Then the third time I said "Well...now I'm confused" and now I feel it more and it does not feel like gas. The ONLY thing I can compare it to is feeling my daughter move when I was pregnant last time. I am also showing already, which I was not expecting to happen yet. (I'll send pictures if you don't believe me!). Between all three of these things, at least ten people have said "It must be twins"...and that has me a bit freaked out. I don't have unusually bad nausea or anything...so I'm hoping I"m safe. What was your first indicator of twins? Are these really indicators, or just friends freaking me out? LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could also be that you're wrong about how far along you are. Was your last period a normal period, or was it lighter, shorter, or different? You could have had a period after getting pregnant, and be more around 15-16 weeks. I felt my 2nd and 3rd babies around 15-16 weeks.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 4:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Im pregnant with my 2nd and I started showing really early and even bought maternity pants atound 12 weeks bc I couldn't button my regular jeans. And maybe you are a few weeks farther along than you thought and are already feeling your baby? I was about 13 1/2-14 weeks pregnant with this one when I started feeling her..
    My cousin had twins with her 3rd pregnancy and she said when she was 7-8 weeks pregnant she had to buy maternity pants and when she went to the doctor later that week she found out it was twins.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I felt 2 of my 3 babies at 11 weeks and none of my kids were twins!! You could have ovulated early which would explain a pregnancy test showing up days early. BUT... if the pregnancy test should not have shown a positive yet then why would you take one?

As for the picture... a picture doesnt show ANYTHING. I always looked pregnant when I wasnt so I could have shown you a picture of my round (not flubbery) belly and you would have thought I was 6 months pregnant when I wasnt even pregnant at all
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I had a feeling I was having twins. Then on the 5-month ultrasound, my instinct was correct! I was really surprised!
    Anonymous

• All I could think about is your due date may be a little off, or maybe you are having twins. But i wouldn't think you would feel the babies kick any sooner than a single baby, their legs and arms are the same size. Good luck with which ever it is!
    Cecilydw

Answer by Cecilydw at 5:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Your friends are having fun freaking you out!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2009