Any suggestions on how to take sodas away from enitre family?

We are wanting to break the habit, we have tried and failed. Any suggestions? I also need ideas on drinks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• stop buying it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My kids will have seltzer water with lemonade in place of soda---its fizzy so they like it and less sugar and all that other yuck too...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Cold turkey. Just don't buy it.
    Anonymous

• Stop buying soda; give or throw away what you have.
    Drink water. Liven it up with slices of fruits and vegetables; you can make ice cubes with blueberry “eyeballs” for the kids.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• We just drink a lot of water and milk or things like crystal light. I think I am with everyone else that you will need to do it cold turkey, just stop buying it!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I assume you have gone over the reasons soda is bad for everyone. You make the decision: No more soda. Period. Don't TRY it, DO it, 100% of the time.. If YOU are not commited, the kids know it. How does soda get into the house? Take everyone to the store to find something to try (we tried a few diet sodas, diet iced teas, fruit water and of course, h2o). I have to watch and follow through with my 12 yo when we go out to a fast food or sit down resaurants or we are at someone's house. I have notified the cafeteria at school, that she may onlly have milk or water. My husband had to get on board 100%. I told him about the cavities and what it cost to repair them. I told him to hide it. He decided to give it up. You and the other adults must be resolved to practicing what you preach, helping find a substitue, reinforcing and enforcing what must be for your health.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 4:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• We buy a product called... "Clear" it is a flavored carbonated water....0% fat, 0% sodium 0% carbs, 0 sugars, 0 protien.... it does have aspartame though. The one we buy is about .85 cents for a one leter bottle and is a Safeway brand.

It will fill the flavor gap while you work to cut out the soda.
    Anonymous

• Just stop buying them.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Just don't tell them. Or tell them you can't afford them. Then offer lemonade and other choices. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Stop buying it..do you mean dark soda or any kind...I find Ginger Ale less harmful and started buying that, I drink a lot of soda myself, always had to be coke though. I find that not all food tastes good with juice. So now I just started buying Ginger Ale, it's a lot easier than not drinking any at all, it's pretty impossible. Whoever says to stop drinking it cold turkey, obviously doesn't love it ! Because it's harder than that!
    Anonymous