Anyone use a Neti-pot before?

I am pregnant and suffering with congestion. I have heard of the neti-pot but never used one before. Do they really work?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 5:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Health

• Yes, it is great! I had to use it while pregnant too. Just make sure that the water is neither too cold nor too hot, it will be uncomfortable if the temperature is off. If you are really congested use it in the shower. I got a simple one at Walgreens for about 15 dollars called a Sinucleanse. It comes with saline solution to use.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• They work pretty well, I used one while pregnant and breastfeeding. They're a little weird at first. I got mine at Whole foods.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• They work pretty well Takes a few times to get used to the whole process though it kinda tickles. There is also just Saline( Simply Saline or Ayr) Spray you can use for the basically the same purpose.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Yes, they really work. You can also drink peppermint tea; peppermint is a natural decongestant.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2009