If I am planning to get pregnant again, will I be able to choose what gender?

I am planning to get pregnant quite soon but I would like a baby girl, not boy, so I was wondering if anyone knows if you could choose what gender you want your child to be.

Blondemom65

Asked by Blondemom65 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• only if you adopt!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 5:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• wow......you really are blonde....ummmmm NNNOOOOOOOOOO only God can determine that!
    Anonymous

• No there is no way to chose what gender you are going to have unless you adopt. It's whatever God gives you.
    Cecilydw

Answer by Cecilydw at 5:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Excuse me, I'd like a helpful answer. Please, tell me!
    Blondemom65

Answer by Blondemom65 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I've seen a few commercials about special programs where you can choose what you want your baby to look like, but I forgot the names of the programs.
    Blondemom65

Answer by Blondemom65 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Please tell me you're kidding... Did you pay ANY attention in class? Ask your husband, his sperm is what decides the gender.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Only if you adopt hon. All that crap about sex positions is nonsense. It can go one way or the other. Accept what you get.
    Anonymous

• Well there really is no 100% way to choose lol Maybe if you go to like a fertility type dr or a place that does stuff like that?
    Female sperm swim faster and live shorter and male sperm swim slower and live longer (I think thats right) so we tried all the "wives tales" to try for a boy, like if you do it doggy style for deeper penetration and do it a few days before ovulation to try for a boy bc of the way male sperm are...and then do it like the day your supposed to ovulate for a girl....they dont work...I'm 26 weeks pregnant with a girl lol
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Actually, a lot of scientific research has been done on this and there are few methods that can help you sway which gender your child will be one way or another. It should be noted though that none of these methods are 100%, so you should still be prepared to want a boy should you get one of those instead. :-) That said, one of the methods was reported to have a 80-90% effectiveness rate. I will do my best to explain them all here...so it could take awhile if you want the scientific rationalizations to go along with them. The above answer is one, although it has not been studied a whole lot and is probably the least effective of all the methods. Likewise, the various types of penetration etc.. are also very iffy in their effectiveness. However, the so-called "wives tale" of eating certain foods to choose a gender have now been studied by Dr. Joseph Stolkowski. Out of 47 couples who participated in his study...
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• ...39 of them got the gender they wanted. The idea is that X and Y sperm are each attracted to different ionic factors or electrical charges emitted by certain minerals. A woman can supposedly alter her liklihood of attractive one or the other by altering her body by eating specific "charged" foods. For a girl, you would want to eat foods higher in calcium and magnesium and for a boy, more potassium and sodium. This has to be done for at least six weeks prior to conception. There is also a method known as the SELNAS method named after the Dr. who pioneered it. His theories state that a women's egg emits an electrical charge just as sperm do, and that at certain points each month it is "wired" to attract either an X or Y sperm cell. There are also neutral days each month where either could be conceived. The problem is that there is virtually no way for a couple to determine which days are which. So, there is a computer...
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2009