Would you have a problem if your husband/boyfriend talks to his ex SOMETIMES (not often) and you knew they were only friends?

relationship

tzs_fam

Asked by tzs_fam at 4:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• yes it would bother me if they had no reason to talk or to stay in touch, I talk to my ex but that's because we had a child together. talk your man and let him know that this bugs you, i'm sure he'd have a problem if it was you.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 4:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• No. As long as he tells you about it, I don't think it's a problem. I'll occasionally talk to an old-ex via e-mail, but I always tell my husband and have absolutely no interest in this ex whatsoever. It's just good to catch up sometimes.
    Anonymous

• No. I'd also like to know about it. We have an old saying here in Jamaica: 'Old fire stick easy to ketch'... its easy for old loves to rekindle the fire... ;-)
    AngelaChenShui

Answer by AngelaChenShui at 5:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Oh, heck yeah, I would have a problem with it. When you are married the rules change. You can have friends, but if you allow an ex into the mix then it is like saying, "go ahead and cheat on me". When you get married, you are committing yourself and future to a person. Not only that, but you are also supposed to do everything with your family in mind and to move ahead. If you are talking to an ex or he is talking to an ex, it's like walking backwards or in the wrong direction of married life. Whether or not it's plutonic, it should not be allowed.
    msp12r

Answer by msp12r at 5:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• If he is telling you about it, then you prolly should not worry. When you find out on your own, then you have a problem. Wether you and your ex have a child together or not, don't you think it bothers you partner? When you start getting that weird feeling like you are a fool then say something. Until then, chill.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 7:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• DEPENDS ON WHAT HE IS SAYING
    fishersmom06

Answer by fishersmom06 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• hmm..it depends really. my fiance has one female friend that i wouldn't really consider an ex (they dated for like a week) and they talk from time to time (maybe once or twice every two months.) and she's w/someone too so i don't mind. if he still talked to any of his OTHER ex's, then there would be a problem, cuz i know of one of them that would do anything to try and get him back. (not guna happen tho!)
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2008