Children make couples happier?

I was readin random stuff on line today and stumbled across this it basically says that married couples who have children are actually happier in the long run then it used to be believed. And that cohabitating couples with children don't report being as happy as their married counterparts. What do you think? Here's the link I don't know how to make it so you can click on it I'm sorry.

http://health.msn.com/kids-health/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100248065>1=31036

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• as my dh says (jokingly of course!) "it's cheaper to keep her!" (in theory anyway) lololol
    Anonymous

• So is it the marriage or the children?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Hmm, well, I don't really know about that. It's just a DIFFERENT kind of happy. And a whole lot more tired, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• ugh no! kids are just something else to focus on than the problem in the marriage.

I know a couple who had more kids to try and 'solve the problem' it just got much worse after those subsequent kids were born.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Maybe its the security. Its a pain in the butt to get a divorce! LOL.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009