What is the best way to clean a stainless steel pan? I am having a nearly impossible time trying to get it clean!!! I do not want to damage it accidentally & it has been sitting on my counter top staring at me every time I walk into the kitchen!!! *L*

I am unable to get my stainless steel pan clean. Really could use some good advice!

LadyLioness

Asked by LadyLioness at 5:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• When i scorch something on a pan I like to put a squirt of dish soap in it and some water then put on the stove and boil the water. it will falke off whatever is stuck on it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• flake
    ria7

• I use these stainless steel scrubbers called "Kettle Cleaners." I think they are by some at home company named "Stanley" maybe? My MIL buys them for me. They saved an Emeril Lagasse pan that had been burnt by trying to fry bacon on the propane grill outside. DH was ready to throw it in the trash.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I use my dishwasher

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Is it discoloration on the outside, or something on the inside? It makes a difference. Sometimes certain spotting on the inside is normal - cooking overly salty foods or letting food sit can pit it, or leave white spots, and you can't get rid of either of those things. Foods with high acid content can also cause undoable discoloration. If it's something burned or overcooked on, you can get special scrubbers specifically for stainless steel - I just bought one last week. If it's rainbow-y spots on the outside, I believe you can rub it down with a bit of vinegar.
    Anonymous

• Try adding some vinegar and water.. vinegar usually takes stuff off fairly easily. let it soak for a long while.. orrrrrrrrrr... sometimes i cheat and use a magic eraser and it works pretty good. =)
    Craftymomof3

Answer by Craftymomof3 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Don't know what you're trying to clean out of it, but Borax is a great all purpose cleanser. I swear by it. Barkeeper's Friend is a great product too.
    ASARTIN

Answer by ASARTIN at 10:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I use Easy Off oven cleaner on all my stainless steel when something is baked on. It is awesome. Spray on leave for a moment and wipe with paper towel. It works wonders. Then wash with dish soap. The best trick I ever found. Good Luck
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 11:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I use a product called Cameo stainless steel cleaner. It can be used on sinks and pots and pans. It's a powder and works like Comet.
    starkissdtears

Answer by starkissdtears at 12:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2009