does anyone let their kids watch the backyardigans?

i let my son watch it until one morning i was actually paying attention to it and i heard one of them say its "gooder to be good"...I could see if it was a cartoon for bigger kids saying that but nick jr. should not allow them to talk like that for such a young audience that is just learning how to use their words. I was really mad, I even wrote a letter to nick jr. but they never responded...was i out of line for doing this or do you agree that the cartoon needs some improvement.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think that as a parent it comes to me to teach them how to speak correctly. The show is for entertainment purposes. Getting upset with this is like telling someone not to talk 'baby-talk' to an infant. They will still learn correct grammar.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• That is one of the better cartoons on Nick Jr. They watch mostly PBS and Sprout. My two do watch it on occasion.  No you weren't out of line, they could have used proper english.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• my kids don't like it. they call it a baby show...lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• No. And for that reason.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 6:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I like the song.. but my kids love sesame street. I've never really watched it. Just when it starts and they want to change it.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 7:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I love the show. I love the illustration of using one's imagination, social relations, etc.

Do you know of any show where the grammar is always correct?
    Anonymous

• Lighten up, it's a kids show. The kids are using their imagination, they are respectful and well behaved. They are suppose to be little kids, an occasional gramatical error is a minor infraction at the most.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Backyardigans is not a show designed for kids just learning how to talk/use words! Wow. I bet you don't stop watching your favorite shows because the adults don't use proper grammar.
    Anonymous

• My little one does not like that show and won't watch it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• yes!! she loves ii.um my dd wathces alot of tv and has no speech issues actually her vocab is really advanced. do u write letters everytime you diont like a show? how sad you must have no life!!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2009