how do you celebrate your christmas, do you follow tradition or do something different.

debbieg038

Asked by debbieg038 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Holidays

• Usually on xmas eve the whole family gets together and opens gifts at my Grandmas house and have a big dinner. Then the next day on xmas its immediate family. Husband kids Mom sister... We usually wake up at the crack of dawn and open gifts. but my Mom works for a state Psychiatric Facility so sometimes she has to work on xmas... So when that happens we wait for her to get home! then we have our own smaller family dinner. Its all about family and giving for us though
    Anonymous

• One random Christmas tradition for us is on Christmas eve we always have pizza (so there is no dishes) then we open all the family presents then and then Santa comes in the am. It started because the family on the east coast would always call at like 8 am Christmas morning and wanted to know how we liked our gifts.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 6:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i live in the united kingdom me and my children set my table on christmas eve with all the decorations, crackers, plates, glasses etc then we make the trifle and prepare the turkey. i bath my children around 4 on christmas eve and then we have something to eat like normally a chinese takeaway so there isnt any pots to wash. before my children go to bed they like to leave their santa sacks out and mince pies, glass of milk, sugar cubes and carrots for santa and the reindeers, on christmas day morning we get up and my children wait at the top of the stairs with excitement till i shout up to them that santa has been and they can come down and open their presents. we have the normal christmas dinner then a big buffet at teatime which they eat till they go to bed. i have 8 children so you can imagine the atmosphere in my house is fantastic with all the joy and excitement.
    debbieg038

Answer by debbieg038 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• the tradition is the happiness in my sons eyes
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• We allow the kids one present from us on Christmas eve and usually watch vintage cartoons- he man and she ra christmas, christmas charlie brown etc.
    Jezture

Answer by Jezture at 6:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• On Christmas Eve we go out for dinner but it's because it's my birthday so we are celebrating my birthday. Then we go home and leave out a few cookies and glass of milk for santa. We also leave some "special" reindeer food (it's oatmeal and glitter) to make sure the reindeer can fly. After everything is laid out we go outside and look for rudolf's nose. When the kids spot something red and shiny they run inside the house yelling "SANTA'S COMING GO TO SLEEP!"
    On Christmas morning the kids get up and run into our room and let's us know that Santa came. We open all the presents, have a big breakfast and go to my mom's house to celebrate with her.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Our Christmas tradition has always been for the whole family to get together Christmas Eve for a party and exchange gifts. Since grandma started this tradition many years ago, and she has now passed- we buy white balloons and on Christmas Eve send them up to Heaven to grandma. This is a way for us to know grandma is still a part of our Christmas.
    Christmas night we set out cookies and milk for Santa...then Christmas morning we save some of the bigger gifts for the children from Santa of course!!
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Christmas Eve: Usually we have my husband's dad, my SILs, and niece over to exchange gifts. We have a small little dinner like lasagne. Then we usually let my daughter open her gifts. This year might be sad...our dog was old enough to come home December 24th and sadly she died this year of cancer.

Christmas: My dad comes over and we have a big dinner with him.

Dia de los Reyes: My mom and stepdad come down and we exchange gifts with them.

We don't do Santa...my daughter doesn't believe in him.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My family tries to stick a tradition, but every other year always seems to be slighty different, we either have a nice dinner at home or we celebrate with family. On X-mas Eve my dad jus cant wait to open the gifts lol so normally it a tradition to open them either 11:30 or midnight depends where the family is ... now that my boys are a year n will be 15mos in dec , im starting to think of my own traditions ~ hopefully keep some where the fam makes cookies n try to memorize most of the xmas songs like 12 days of christmas or grandma got ran over by a reindeer ... but it good time good times lol
    blssdwittwns930

Answer by blssdwittwns930 at 4:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I give my dh and gs a small gift on Yule (the Winter Solstice, Dec 21) and on Christmas Eve we will put Norad up on the computers to track Santa's where abouts until gs's bedtime.
     Christmas morning our gs is waking us up at the crack of dawn. Gifts are opened and breakfast served. It's a pj day and dinner is whatever we decided on and this yr it's homemade subs.
     We don't go anywhere bc the families come to us either a day or two after Christmas. This yr it's the day after so on Christmas I can get everything ready, baked and set up with no hurries or worries.

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2009