do you think a 6 pack is too much to drink every day?

Im not the one that drinks it so don't harp on me!!! Just curious what others think about a husband that drinks that much. Great husband and father, just wondering if Ishould be conserned.

babycakes111

Asked by babycakes111 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• yes, i do know the health risk. I tell him all the time.
    babycakes111

Answer by babycakes111 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My thoughts...a beer or two is nice to take the edge off once in awhile...a 6 pack a day is a drinking problem
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• if you have to drink everyday even if its one beer you got a problem and its called alchoholic
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Ya that's to much. Sorry. I grew up with a alchy dad. I can't even drink beer the smell makes me sick. I can't let my hubby drink it either. Ewe.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 6:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• if its light beer it is like water. If it is liquor that is another story. Switch him to light by the 4th, he won't know the difference by then.
    Anonymous

• OP_- he usually buys Milwakkes best- with over 5% alcohol. He has quit for a week, but then he'll go back and buy it either on his way home or after dinner. His family does drink every time were at there house also. Hes not drunk, but I can tell the difference in him and I dont like my kids seeing him with beer every night. DOnt know where to go from here. Dont have money for AA and he doesn't hink hes an alcoholic.
    babycakes111

Answer by babycakes111 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I think it depends on the individual. This is so ironic because I've worried about this myself many a time and it almost prevented me from getting married. My LH was an alcoholic, he wasn't always an alcoholic, but those tendencies were always there. It started to cross the line in 05 when he added in liquor each day to the beer he normally drank and began getting drunk. Everything just snowballed from there. If he went a day without beer he was in a bad mood. Drinking began to alter his behavior and he was a completely different person drinking than he was sober. Read some of my journals for more info. Now, my current DH drinks beer pretty much everyday but he doesn't HAVE to. There have been instances when he hasn't and his behavior hasn't changed a bit. Also, drinking (Bud light) doesn't alter his mood. Were it not for the knowledge that he drinks, I would never know he did. He has proven to me that he doesn't NEED it...
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 6:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• He also never consumes liquor because he says it does make him a different person. He does not drink and drive. He won't even get behind the wheel if he's had one beer. I've never seen him drunk. I would absolutely prefer that he didn't drink at all but after a lot of prayer I am satisfied that he isn't an alcoholic. This isn't going to be the popular answer by any means but I think if you honestly examine your situation you will have your answer as to whether or not it is too much for him. Also, how big is he? My DH is 225lbs so a couple of beers are like water to him. A whole 6 pack for him would be like a glass of wine for me......
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 7:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• If he can't NOT consume it infront of the kids and if he needs it to be social at all then I would say he is leaning towards having a problem. Does it control him or does he control it? If he is an alcoholic they are usually the last ones to recognize it, especially if they have grown up in that kind of environment. DH knows I don't want him drinking in front of my son and he doesn't even though DS is only 1yr old. Little boys want to do everything daddy does and that includes striving for the day when they can have a beer with dad. I wasn't aware that AA cost anything.........You could attend AA yourself, if he won't, for information, but unless he thinks he has a problem or quits out of respect for you, then you'll never get anywhere. He has to WANT to do it for himself. I really did learn that the hard way. Oh, does he drink and drive???
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 7:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• AA doesn't cost anything. If you think he has a problem then that should not stand in the way of him getting the help he needs.

I agree with everything WindytheWidow said and just wanted to add that AA doesn't charge.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2009