Did you ever have one of the 12 markers for down syndrome come up positive at an ultrasound?

My ultrasound today indicated shortened nasal bone. She said there are 12 markers and the rest were normal. Have you or a friend ever experienced only one higher risk factor and what was the outcome. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• To answer your question, no. However, my oldest son has Down Syndrome. If you need someone to talk to or have questions you want answered, feel free to send me a message.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My son also has Downs Syndrome. Yes I had the missing nasal bone.Yes you can PM me anytime. I would encourage you to go to the Down's Syndrome Group and post your question there. You will get alot of responses from woman who have children with DS. We have pregnant moms post this sort of question frequently - like they have a maker for DS. Don't worry, be informed and I say Congrats on the upcoming little one!!!!!!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 8:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• The screening for chromosomal issues is not 100%. Don't get worried. Talk to your doctor about other tests (blood work mostly).
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Triple and quad screens are blood work but not definitive. You will need an amnio for that. Many people have posted screens came up saying they were going to have a baby with this or that, and they had healthy children.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 8:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2009