when burning sage to cleanse a house. how do i find to say?

I dont have a paticular goddess but would like to do a cleanse right now. I start at the first corner right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You can start where ever you want and say whatever you think is appropriate.

Some people like to start at the north entrance. Some like to start at the main entrance. (mine just happens to be both of those). I usually do my house cleansing rituals at night during the full moon. I simply ask that my house be cleansed of negativity and that the God and Goddess will bless my home. I like it to rhyme but yours doesn't have to.

Are you Eclectic Pagan or Eclectic Wiccan. Most Wiccans usually have more form in their rituals and many prefer for it to rhyme as it suggested that rhyming allows the magick to flow more easily.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• outstandinglove- i am a solitary wiccan, im still new to this but im still learning every day. I would liek to start out side actually where my front porch and door is. I live in a apartment as well. and then work my way to my door entrance. i have alot of corners lol. I dont cast circles, i never have. i dont feel comfortable doing it yet, i dont like messing up.
    Anonymous

• I usually start at my door and go in a circle around the house(so clockwise). I dont know why, just is whats comfy for me.

As for what to say, make it up yourself based on intent.

It doesnt have to be elaborate. It could be something simple like Blessed Lord and Lady, Bless my home and all who enter in. May thy peace and love shine and may those who wish harm stay away from mine.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Amaranth361- Thanks for that. For me its hard to think of something unless someone is helping me.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes I add in a special fan to move the smoke. My dear friend gave me feathers that her amazon parrot had shed and I think they make a beautiful fanning tool. If I'm cleansing the house bc I'm about to do some serious work (I'm a writer) I will use a page from the piece I am working on.

After I finish, I leave the ashes by our main door (north facing) for a day or 2 then put them in the compost. I also sprinkle salt for my "kitchen fairies." I don't want them to be frightened off accidentally.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i dont have any fans or feathers. that would of been nice.
    Anonymous

• You are welcome.

Its not really great but you can tweek it as needed or desired LOL.

Just remember...its about intent more than anything else.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Oh i know thanks Amaranth361! :)
    Anonymous

• This is what I do. It is a bit long so you can use it however you like and make it work for you.
    Sage, black candle, white candle salt water, small table to hold everything on.
    I also do not do this on any set day or night...
    I take the burning sage and black candle (lit and it can be any size) and start at my main door and walk thru ea room asking the Gods/esses to remove all negative energy from my home. When I have completed this (finish at starting point) I take the sage again and the salt water and do the same thing but ask the Gods/esses to bless my home and all in it (just dripple a little water as you go, maybe like a flick of it). With the sage and the white candle I again go thru the house sealing my work . or you can create a thank you or your own blessing to say... PM me any time you like I am a solitary Celtic Wiccan-Witch.

GL and Blessed Be
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Isn't it easier to just use a little WIndex and Comet and Swiffer or a vacuum? Maybe a little Bath and Body Works plugin scents?Hehe.
    Anonymous