baby earrings

are there any specific earrings for babies or do u just get the children's ones? and also when did you get your baby's ears pierced? i want to get it done at the dr. office but just wanted to find out before her check up on the 20th. thanks ladies

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD had hers done at 6 months by her pedi.  She is now 2, never touched them and never had any problems with them. She loves them and she will choose what earrings she wants to wear.

They do have screw back earrings for infants.

It cost more at the pedi office but IMO it was better than going to the mall.

Do what you feel is right. Don't let other people tell you what to do.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• We just got the childrens ones.
    We did our DDs when she was 4 months.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 7:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i got my dd at 3-4 months old
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I got my first daughters done at 6 and then her second pair at 12 months- got them done at a place in the Mall without problems. My second daughter got her first set at 6 monthss and we haven't gotten a second set for her- again at the Mall without issues. We got the earrings from their case.
    Jezture

Answer by Jezture at 7:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My girls are not getting their ears pierced until they are old enough to take care of them themselves. They are now 2 and 3yrs.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 7:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• AT3 MTS. MYSISTER DID THEM, SHE IS A NURSE.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• yes around 3 months,thats when they get there tecnes (spelling)shot
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Pierced ears and ear rings can really hurt if you have sensitive skin. Even if you get sensitive skin ear rings. You could have a screaming baby because her ears hurt and not have a clue by looking at them. Don't do it! Take it from someone who gets sore ears.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I believe you are supposed to have the DTaP shot before getting an infants ears pierced. I personally don't like getting infants pierced, but if you are set on it, I would recommend to ANYONE, infant, child or adult, to go to a licensed piercer that uses a needle, not a gun, to get pierced. My DD is 4 now, and had been asking for earrings for quite some time, so we took her about 6 weeks ago, and she did beautifully. She doesn't mess with the earrings (and they're cute little hoops, like the kind with the ball in the center) and we've had no problems with it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• did my DD at four months, by the time she was old enough to mess with them she was used to them. she's 14 now and never had a problem.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 3:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2009