What are the policies in your state for buying ammunition? What are the laws of the United states about buying ammunition?

I am trying to find out because a friend said, "You can buy all the guns you want, but they are limiting ammo purchases." Hmmm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/rpt/2007-R-0217.htm

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Some places have limited the number of rounds you could purchase at one time due to low supply. Here in Texas that seems to be easing up. When we bought ammo for the range 2 weeks ago there were no limits on anything but 9mm. For a while we couldn't even find 40 call. In my state you must be 18 to purchase ammo for rifles..and rifles. 21 to purchase handguns or ammo for handguns. We are not limited by law as to how many weapons or round we can buy. The only limitations have been supply and demand. Lots of people went into stock-piling mode when Obama was elected. For the record..I don't believe our second ammendment rights are in danger. The supreme court will uphold those. Where they will gewt us is in the regulation on ammo. 2 nd ammend. only guarantees our right to keep and bear arms. It says nothing about having ammo to fire them with.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• There is also legislation being pushed through called ammunition accountability act.
    http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• We haven't had any restrictions on Ammo. Honestly here in VA you can get a gun and ammo very easily. To get ammo you just have to be 18 or older.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 7:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I don't think there are any laws, regs, rules. ANy dumb nut can buy a gun and ammo. Unfortunately. @@
    Anonymous

• 2 nd ammend. only guarantees our right to keep and bear arms. It says nothing about having ammo to fire them with.

EXACTLY! This is something I have been saying for years, and to all too many people it seems to be a "NEW" concept.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Answered at 6:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 by: Anonymous I don't think there are any laws, regs, rules. ANy dumb nut can buy a gun and ammo. Unfortunately. @@

PLEASE** Go and try to buy a gun legally so you will know what you are talking about! There are plenty of laws, rules and regulations, including a waiting period and an FBI background check.

Anonymous

• I live in Texas and all my nieghbors have guns. They hunt, and if you threaten their families by being an intruder in their homes to rob or rape, I have no doubt the intruder will not fare well. I do not have a gun because I have a child with mental retardation and I would be afraid of an accident. Right before Obama got elected the ammo flew off the shelves. If there is an accountability system for ammo so what. You use it for hunting, target practice who cares? My neighbors are law abiding citizens. This is what gets me. The criminals ALWAYS get guns and ammo. Accountability MAY be a way to limit, or totally control, or cut off ammo. It gets around the second ammendment. You have a right to bear arms but it may be coming to a point where the government won't allow you to have ammo to fire. This is a very slippery slope. You may not like guns, but don't give gov't this power. Criminals will get ammo that can't be tracked.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 10:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2009