unfiled state taxes fees?

Someone else filed my taxes for me in 07 and i just found out my state taxes were never filed.. i have to go to the court house tomorrow and im supposed to pay my taxes and the fees. just wondering how i can find out how to figure out this amount. i only made six grand at the very most. oh and i live in ohio if that makes a difference.

mommykayti

Asked by mommykayti at 7:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• If the state owed you money you may be fine. You may owe no fees.

If you have a 2007 State tax form and all the info you can figure it out yourself.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Here's a tax table. http://www.tax.ohio.gov/divisions/ohio_individual/individual/annual_tax_rates.stm

If I read this right, you won't owe much at all. You'll need a W2 or 1099.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• what do i do if i dont have any of that? imm stressing out sooooo bad over this!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I wouldn't stress. Just tell them what you did and what happened. I'm sure they'll give you a extension of some sort so you can figure it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• thanx! i found my tax form well the copy anyway so thats a plus.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 1:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• They can put you on a payment plan

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• look up the tax form for your state and fill it out. Take that with you so you have the exact amount and can file it. They usually just estimate what they think they owe you. If their estimate is less than you calculate, then don't take the form with you. :) You will most liekly have to pay the interest and penalties unless you can talk them out of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2009