Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am 7 months pregnant and just moved to a new state and had to find a new doctor....I can't believe my doctor said this...(read more)

The main concern of this doctor was that if i wanted a tax deduction she could induce me at 37-38 weeks. I was extremely amazed at why she would even suggest this, as it is the LEAST important thing to be thinking about. Not only that but she was extremely rude to my son who was 2. And told him that he needed to start behaving when he accidentally dropped one of the pennies he was playing with out of my wallet. I don't have insurance for much longer because my husband just got laid off and wonder since i only have around 2 months left ot go whether i should make the effort to keep looking for another doctor, or if this one is ok and maybe im just over reacting


Asked by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 7:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 2 (10 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (13)
  • does she know you insurance situation? perhaps her mentioning the 'tax deduction' offer was her way of giving you a bit of help for your finances? idk..if that's all that bothered you, i'd stick it out. there aren't many doc that like taking on preg patients this late in the game.

    Answer by thehairnazi at 7:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

  • well first you need to go get on some medical because it will bite you in the ass if you wait I learned the hard way!!!ehh but i would she sounds like a bi*** and very rude!and you shouldn't have to put up with that!!!


    Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

  • i personally would keep looking. I had a midwife that was supervised by a doctor (meaning he saw all the case files each week) and i thought it was great. so maybe you could also check into this as well.

    Ask people you meet that have kids if they can recommend a doctor.

    good luck

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

  • Apply for Medicaid and find a different doctor. The one you found sounds like an asshat.

    Answer by Nathskitten at 7:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

  • I would not want to support the practice of a provider who treats her patients this way.
    That does not put the fetus or mother's safety first, how disgusting.

    Find a new provider, and let this one know why.
    You can look for a midwife for some nice one-on-one care, too!

    Answer by doulala at 7:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

  • I'm not sure why you took your child to the appt with you in the first place...
    Make sure that if you do induce early for no real medical reason that your insurance company will cover it. Where I live they stopped covering the cost of inductions that were not for medical reasons. Inducing also ups the odds of labor going awry.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

  • Hey Anon 9:03, where do you suggest a SAHM leave her child for Dr. appts? I take mine with me too. I have no choice.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

  • report the doctor to your insurance company and get on medicaid

    Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

  • find another doctor...anyone who wants to INDUCE for a stupid reason like TAXES is an idiot of a doctor...inductions are the LEADING cause of c-sections

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

  • I've been induced 4 times & never came close to a c section!

    anyway, if you don't like the doctor find a new one. i mean, really the doctor works for you. its their job not only to take care of you health wise but to listen to you & work with you. if dont feel comfortable with how this doctor practices, I would find a new one.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2009