What was your experience with Essure?

I am having the Essure proceedure on the 18th and am feeling really unsure about it. I can't help, but think it is going to be very painful for me since even a pap is painful! What was your experience? TMI answers are also welcome because I really need to know what I am in for.
Thanks in advance!

JordynnsMom

Asked by JordynnsMom at 7:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Health

• Do you mean the Novasure procedure? Or ablation? I had it done on Sept 21st. I was under local anesthetic and it was painful. The procedure takes 90 seconds. The prep takes longer than the whole procedure. If you can get put under , my sister did and had no pain.
    When I went home I had some cramping and slept for 18 hours straight so make sure you have someone to care for you and your children. My Hubby was heaven sent... I would do it again only because my cycles were horrible. I have had one since and it was barely nothing and no pain... Message me if you have any other questions! GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• She's talking about Essure. It's a procedure to prevent pregnancy, permanently. It's an alternative to having your tubes tied.

http://www.essure.com/

To the OP, sorry  I can't help you.  I'm planning to have this done in May.  I have a baby due in April.

My mid-wife did say she observed several procedures and it's rather quick, easy and painless. 

Anonymous