Bakeware?

I really need to buy some good bakeware any suggestions to what brands are good at will last and whats better glass or metal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Glass lasts forever.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i personally prefer metal because it heats more even....no matter if its cheap or expensive

also it last longer because there is no risk of breaking it. lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I have some Wilton brand (non-stick metal) that I bought at Bed Bath & Beyond - LOVE it for some things. I also have some (I think it's) Nordicware that I bought from our school fundraiser, which is a shiny metal, that I like for other things. My favorite muffin tins are from a regional grocery store. I do have a couple of Pyrex (glass) peices, but I'm to the point I don't use them much, if at all - a pie plate and 9x13 are the only ones I ever use, and not often, mainly if the metal one I need is in use.
    Anonymous

• Magic Line brand is awesome! I use them for all of my cakes (check them out in my profile).
    You can order them on line, or find them at a local bakery supply store. Many, many, many professionals use them - and they aren't too expensive, well worth the money.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 9:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I love my vintage pyrex and anchor hocking pieces. If you buy glass, make sure that they American made. I have a couple of silicon pans I HATE. I have a cast iron shortbread pan that I adore.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Whatever you choose, make sure it is made of high quality materials and is heavy. Heavier materials will heat more evenly and hold the heat better over a longer period of time, which is important for when the food is both baking & cooling. If you have hot spots either while your food is baking or while it's cooling down, your food may come out uneven (eg...overcooked & dry in some areas, done just right in other areas, & undercooked or raw in still other areas).

Also, the material of the pan you choose should match the food you are trying to make. You should think about what you like to bake/cook and then choose pans to meet those needs. For example, cast iron is wonderful for soups & stews b/c it heats evenly & holds the heat well for a long, slow cooking time. Metal cookie sheets that are heavyweight will heat more evenly, resulting in less chances of having burnt cookies, etc..Do some research, then decide what you need
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I buy all my bakeware from either Longaberger or Pampered Chef! Love the baking stones.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 2:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2009