Two questions:

1.I'm trying to have a baby and we tried Tues,wed,Thur of last week how soon can you test prior to your period.
Which my next period is due the 22 of November.
2.And if it came up i was pregnant being my period was on the 22nd of October and lasts between 28 to 30 days how far along would i be.
I checked a few sites but thought i would ask ladies that are a bit more experienced at figuring this out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• it depends how long have u been trying,,,, n i would recomend to wait after your first period especially if this is your first kid because you might bbe pregnant n get a false negative because your hormones have not spiked yet. with my first child i didnt get a positive test till i was 9 weeks pregnant.. so thats after my second missed period.
    cubana1003

Answer by cubana1003 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• If your cycle is 30 days long this time, you tried two days too early lol. Well, approximately, since sometimes women's luteal phases differ.

You can test 5 days before your expected period and MAYBE get a positive. 60% of pregnant women will get a positive result that early.

The best way to optimize your chances is to know when you ovulate. Check out the book Taking Charge of Your Fertilty by Toni Weschler. You'll never wonder if you could be pregnant again... you'll always know when it's possible.

Good luck and baby dust to you!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Oh! And pregnancy tests are super cheap if you buy in bulk!

www.babywishes.org

Check it out... def worth it! Free shipping too :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I was in the exact same boat. I knew exactly when I started my last period and when I ovulated. i took an EPT test 5 days before my period was due (first morning urine) and the second line was so faint that i couldn't tell if it was actually a line or if it was just an outline from when the urine goes across the result window. I found a website that showed several different positive tests with the days past ovulation. The same day I bought a clear blue digital pregnancy test and there was no doubt about it. It came up "pregnant" within seconds!!! Same yourself the hassle and buy the digital test. Get the two pack. If it doesn't come up positive 5 days before your period, try again the next day but make sure it used the first time you go in the morning. I guess that is when the hormone can be detected best.
    Also, my breasts were really sore the night before so I just kind of knew.
    Good luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Ok not trying to call anyone out on this but how early you get a positive result depends on how high your levels of the pregnancy hormone are. I actually have a pregnancy test box with the percentages because I'm also TTC again. And the earliest you should test is 5 days before you miss a period and stats show 51% of pregnant women get a + result and that increases significantly with each day. When I was pregnant w/ my 1st child I tested 4 days before my missed period and got a positive result. Also no matter how faint the 2nd line may be it is a positive result. But I would reccomend the digital tests also. And use the test first thing in the morning or right before you go to bed that's what the manufacturers of the tests reccomend. Good luck TTC!!
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2009