36 weeks and have no idea what this is?

Usually more at night than during the day it feels like my whole stomach area tightens up. Its also mostly in the top part. I know its not contractions or Braxton hicks bc it only happens when I sit or stand. If I'm laying down it doesn't happen. It also cause what feels like acid reflux. Its hard to take care of my other kids. Anyone else have this problem?

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah it sounds like braxton hicks
    if you think its something else i'd ask a doctor
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• have you talked to your dr? I haven't had that happen to me but it does sound like bh??
    All4OneN1forAll

Answer by All4OneN1forAll at 8:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I did ask my dr. He didn't have an answer for me. It seems to happen everytime I stand or sit. During the day it doesn't happen. But it starts around 5 in the evening. I just thought BH went away when you move not started.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i think everything depends on the person with BH, I never ever felt any BH and my Dr told me that they have to happen, that's how your uterus prepares for delivery, but the part about your acid reflux feeling is odd, since you are 36 wks It could be that since your tummy muscles are contracting and with all the room baby is taking up that it is acid reflux and the BH's aggravate that condition and make it worse? since it is getting in the way with taking care of your children I would make sure to get an answer from your Dr.? Good luck!
    and here's a BUMP, maybe there is someone else on here that can help you!!! :)
    All4OneN1forAll

Answer by All4OneN1forAll at 9:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• this sounds like the problem that i have too my dr told me to take tums or drink milk and it would go away and it did. hope it works for you too, good luck
    brooklynjean07

Answer by brooklynjean07 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Sounds like Braxton Hicks to me, but talk to your doctor. :-) I hope you feel better!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 1:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Unless it turns into real contractions I'm just going to deal with them. They are uncomfortable at best but I can live through it. Thanks ladies.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2009