Constipation :(

I have been taking Loratabs for a week, and havent gone #2 since my surgery, I am in a lot of pain, and Im not sure what to do! Help??

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 8:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Health

• tyr a couple of big bottles of grape juice, in a couple of hours.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Drink atleast 32 oz of water every morning whn you get up, it'll help you a lot!!!!
    masipagwapa

Answer by masipagwapa at 8:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• ask your dr if you can have laxatives,,,, or just drink lots of water and maybe try high fiber food or some fiber pills..
    cubana1003

Answer by cubana1003 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Try a stool softener.
    Anonymous

• Grape juice is a stopper-upper, not a getter-goer. Apple or prune juice are good helpers. BUT. I suggest Maalox AND a stool softener - the maalox will get that initial bm out, the stool softener purely makes your poop softer. 4 tablespoons of maalox, and you'll go within a few hours. Be prepared for it to not feel too good though, jsut a warning!
    Anonymous

• They usually prescribe a stool softner w/ pain pills. narcotics constipate you.
    Anonymous