What does it feel like when you have Swine Flu?

I think I may have Swine Flu, I have been sleeping all day, and I feel strange. I feel like Im very sick, but I havent been coughing or anything. A little runny nose. Have any of you had Swine Flu and could tell me what to look for? I think Im gonna go to the doc in the morning.

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 8:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Health

• My SS has it and his major symptom is a sore throat and cough.
    Anonymous

• Have you ever had Influenza A? The one they swab your nose to diagnose? If you have, that's what h1n1 feels like - because that's what h1n1 is, is just another strain of Influenza A.
    Anonymous

• Like a pig tampled you
    Anonymous

• Eye pain, discharge/watering, severe headache, muscle aches, skin hurts to touch, it hurts to move, it feels as though someone is pounding your head with a mallet, eyelashes hurt, high high fever for about a week, sore throat, cough, nasal congestion (not tons), some diarrea, vomiting. FATIGUE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Does it matter what your virus is called? Peppermint tea is great! Peppermint is a natural decongestant; just be sure that peppermint is the only ingredient. Honey (antibacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory) is the best cough syrup.throat soother.
    Emergen-C will help you stay hydrated and give you an energy boost; be sure to mix it with cold water. The lowest price is at Trader Joes, though it is sold just about everywhere (Target, Walgreens, etc.). I am a big believer in the power of foods. This healing foods pyramid from the University of Michigan is great: http://www.med.umich.edu/umim/food-pyramid/index.htm
    The FDA criticized the manufacturer of Tamiflu for "overstatement" of claims of efficacy, since blind studies comparing it to a placebo only resulted in a 1.3 day difference. A study on Sambucol (Elderberry) found a 3-4 day difference in duration of symptoms.
    Most important, stay well hydrated!Feel better

Answer by rkoloms at 10:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2009