Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about Medicaid for kids. Will we have to reapply?

My daughter had Medicaid because we can't afford insurance, and the annual review thing was last month and I had to send my check stubs in. I didn't get the copies in time, though, because my employer took her sweet time, although I'd told her how important it was for me to get them ASAP. I ended up having to go over her head to get them (I had most of them, but was missing one because my husband threw it away accidently). I ended up getting the copies a week after they were due. Now that I have them, will I have to reapply for her to receive Medicaid again, or can I still just send them in? I called DSS about it, and the woman I talked to just told me that she didn't know (she was a worker, not a receptionist). Has anyone else been through this?


Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Same here, mail went to wrong address since I got married recently. Woman in the office just told me to get stuff in asap so that they dont stoop working on the case. so call again and ask to talk to someone who does know! they should have helped you out on that, not just said o IDK and give up.

    Answer by AmandaN1 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

  • Actually im going through this situation with FS right now. Turn in the check stubs and talk to your worker. Medicaid may be delayed for a few days but you shouldnt have to reapply. The best way to find out is to talk to your worker and see hat exactly will happen.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

  • Most of the time, they are way behind anyway. Just send it, you'll be fine.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

  • Had this happen with my last review. It's true they are usually way behind. Send them in, and just keep checking the status of your case.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • You should have a specific case worker who handles your direct case. This person will be able to tell you what you need to do in this situation. Call DHS (Department of Human Services) for your county and ask them if they can tell you who your specific case worker is. Every person who has Medicaid has a caseworker and they'll be able to get things situated for you.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2009