Doesnt feel like home anymore.

My boyfriend of 2 1/2 years and myself split up about 3 months ago, and I dont feel at home at my apartment anymore since he is gone. i dont want to get back together with him... but I just hate being here. Ive been spending a lot of time at my parent's house with my daughter, and I can tell that she misses being home. She is always telling me she wants to go "bye bye" (she is one and 1/2) I want to spend more time at home because this is her home too. But I just dont know what to do to make myself feel better about the place. Any advice?

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 8:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Perhaps you could do a make over on your apartment. Get rid of as many things as you can that remind you of him, and redecorate. Make it a whole new home.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Change the furniture around? Maybe exchanging some of your decorations. Make sure that if there was anything he liked or requested that you move it. You could empty out your cupboards and put everything away in different places.
    That's about all I'm coming up with.
    Anonymous

• I agree with redecorating. Get some pictures of you and your daughter and your daughter with your parents and other family members and blow them up and hang them on the walls. Get brand new sheets for the bedroom and a new duvet for the comforter. Keep fresh flowers in the main living area. Let your daughter create some artwork for your walls.

Do whatever you have to do to reclaim your home and your life. When it comes down to it, you're probably lonely and you probably don't feel like your life is the same. You need to take charge of your life and know that you are in control.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i agree change the furniture around
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Different covers and pillows for the sofa, loveseat and recliners/easy chairs. Different chair pads, tablecloth and kitchen linens, maybe even new curtains and area rugs. Different towels, bathmat and toilet tank and seat cover in the bath, different bed linens in the bedroom, a new bedspread.. any one, a combination of several, or all of these to change the "look" and mood of the place, move the furniture if you can, put up new pictures, change the colors in the decor, maybe even get a new coffee table and end tables, or new table lamps. Add live plants. Hang baskets of plants, fresh fruit, Christmas decorations, or stuff you want to keep out of your baby's reach.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Nov. 5, 2009