My 2 year old said she saw a ghost today...

What do you think of this?

At first she was scared...then not. She kept asking me if I saw it. I didn't so I said no.

Not really sure what to think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hmmm well if she's not afraid, just keep it that way. ask if the ghost said anything, stuff like that. it could be bc halloween was so recent. last night my ss said there was ghosts outside. i just told him they were going home bc it was bedtime, and that was the end of that story lol....
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Our 4 year old has been seeing ghosts since he was 2 years old. Since his dad and I believe in ghosts, we don't down play it.. But, we also know that small kids usually do say they see ghosts and sometimes get scared, like ours does. We just gave him a flashlight and we all have a spooky little way of scaring them off.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• at 2 yrs old, I dont think that she really saw a ghost. I mean when kids see the deceased, they usually (at that age anyway) will only recognize them as "beings" not ghost. So they usually refer to them as people. maybe she heard/saw it on tv or something, but I doubt that she really saw one.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• id beileve her, i dont think they understand about lying yet. as long as they dont hurt her
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• It's probably just because of Halloween and all the talk/stories etc. that go with it. I wouldn't make too big a deal of it.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 9:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Well, I previewed most of the noggin shows on Halloween, before keeping them on the dvr. Almost all of them had ghosts and other stuff. We deleted them all. I would say it's halloween, too.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• We had ghost or monster spray at our house. Glade or some other spray. You can smell it working. Worked like magic. We used different stuff in the house and kept that spray only as monster spray.
    Anonymous

• (OP) Well we do not have cable, so she doesn't watch noggin only PBS
    Anonymous

• I would believe it, if she's not scared,.. then go with it and try to educate yourself with mediums or some other way you can help her embrace this gift.... "they" say more and more kids are being born with these abilities.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Children can definitely see things we can't, we unlearn things as we grow. My daughter has been seeing "ghosts" since she was 3 months, and she's talked to them a couple times in the past few months (she's 2).
    If she's not afraid, no worries. If no one feels threatened, there's no reason to worry.
    That said, I don't think they know to refer to them as ghosts, but you didn't say- did she says she saw a ghost, or did she see something or someone that you didn't? It could also be the influence of Halloween, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility of ghosts.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 12:21 AM on Nov. 5, 2009