How to get a child to interact and concentrate?

I have a 6 year old child who is in a developmental delay program in school. I know that every parents doesn't want their child to be looked at as different. So I have been trying to get him to concentrate with his school work. At school he won't do much of it but at home and he gets through at least 80% of it before not wanting to do anymore and I don't know if it because he enjoys the 1-on-1 time. Is there anything that I could do at home to get him to pay more attention because from what his teacher is telling me, that is his only problem.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• That is a hard one, I've never been in that situation. The only thing I can think of would be for you to spend some time in his classroom with him. Best of luck to you.
    Anonymous

• I homeschool, it has increased my son's self esteem and now has no stigma or judgement or label of who he is or how he learns. I have made financial sacrifices to help my son. He is thriving in a more interesting environment suited to his needs.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2009