I love Starbucks

I absolutely love Starbucks coffee. But, unfortunately, it's too pricey for me. Does anyone happen to have any recipes that are similar to those of Starbucks? I am really fond of the Cinnamon Dolce Latte. I just don't have a clue how to make something like it.

kimmy73

Asked by kimmy73 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• if you can afford an espresso machine you can immitate all of those recipes
    Anonymous

• They usually hold a really good sale on the espresso machines around christmas. Ask your local starbucks if they know when their sale will be. After that, you can actually purchase the syrup from starbucks and make your own at home. That's what we do. I make my husband Iced Venti Caramel Machiatos 2 times a day. I like the plain jane vanilla lattes! We save SO much money and it tastes exactly the same!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 9:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• If you can't afford an espresso machine you can just "steam" milk over the stove whisking vigorously to create foam; no, it doesn't work as well as can actual steamer on an espresso machine but, it the only thing I know to try to recreate it. Skim milk makes the best foam. And if you're looking to make lattes they contain very little foam. I'd recommend a stove top esspresso maker, you can get those very cheap, like $10. As far as a specific recipe I'm not sure but, you can probably google mock starbucks recipes. If it were me I'd probably use caramel (like the ice cream topping kind) and cinnamon & vanilla to add to the steamed milk & espresso. Play around with it, you can adjest everything exactly to your tastes this way. I used to be a barista & all of our flavored drinks used torrani? syrup but, I think it's better if you just use real vanilla, hazelnut of what ever kind of extract but you'll have to add sugar.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:49 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• *"steamed"
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• no I was right the first time*"steam", lol
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:51 AM on Nov. 5, 2009