Clomid Takers

Has anyone who has taken clomid had a longer period? This is my first month using clomid 50 mg days 3-7 and I started Oct. 24. I thought it finally went away earlier today, but it's back!! Just wondering if anyone else has had a longer period after taking clomid and if so how long did yours last?

lovinthislife08

Asked by lovinthislife08 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you havent had alot of periods before you started taking Clomid, you probably will have longer ones. Your body is trying to catch up. Usually your uterus builds a lining for if the egg is fertilized. If you dont have a period your body doesnt get rid of it when the egg isnt fertilized(since you didnt ovulate).
    The Clomid made me VERY moody..lol..warn your husband!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I'm on my first month clomid too, but I'm on cd-14....but I've read elsewhere that clomid periods are longer. If you don't get the answers you're looking for try googling it ;) That's what I'd do.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i took clomid the first time in september an my cycle was two days late just took my second round
    this month now i am on the week wait to see if i am pregnant i hope so cause i do not want to keep taking this crazy medicine.
    sexylady35

Answer by sexylady35 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• im on month 3 of clomid. I have not noticed a change in my periods and im on 100mg. i do notice the HOT FLASHES!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Well I had to take provera to make my period start then the clomid. I didn't notice ANY of the side effects like the hot flashes or mood swings like everyone says though......
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 12:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I took clomid for my first 2 pregnancies. The first time I got pregnant right away the second month. The second time it wasn't working at all. Not even giving me a period. My OB asked what I was doing different and I said the only difference was I was taking them in the morning and last time I took them at night. He told me to try taking it at night and I thought he was being ridiculous. I got pregnant the first month I took them at night!
    trusa4

Answer by trusa4 at 2:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I haven't had a period yet. So not sure.
    AJsmom2005

Answer by AJsmom2005 at 7:15 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I took Provera to make me start also. I didnt have any hot flashes, I was just really grouchy.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2009