Do I need to speak with my daughters doctor about her behavior?

My daughter is three years old and does not listen at all and she screams all the time I dont know what to do for her.I really need help.

goingbanannas

Asked by goingbanannas at 9:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Um, no, Discipline her. When she screams, put her in her room and tell her she can come out when she uses a big girl voice and talks to you using her words. Get the book, "1 2 3 Magic" and read it all the way through and then follow the discipline techniques. It is a common sense, no spanking approach to discipline that works. HIGHLY recommended by a school counselor, doctor and other parents that had out of control kids and it worked.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• all 3 yr olds do that. I know. I've had 4 kids who were 3 once & one who is 3 now. And she whines & screams & complains. That's how they are. I always tell them "I dont know what you want when you scream. I can not hear you when you scream. Talk to me nicely". (subsitute the word "whine" in there if needed instead) it kinda phases out by 4 & usually by 5 they act more human lol
    Anonymous