do you notice?

Am I the only one who notices that there are a lot of people on CM that think it's ok to bash on someone who is asking a lagitamit( sorry if the sp is wrong) question? I was so excieted to join because I thought " what a wonderful place to go and get advice from other mom's who have been through the same things" but now it's like i'm always worried about even asking questions becuse i'm afraid that people will bash me or make me feel stupid or inferior to them. I just feel that if people read a question and they don't have anything nice to say then they should just move on to the next question and let people who are really trying to help answer instead of making people feel stupid. This hasn't happened to me but i've been readying quite a few questions on here tonight and there are people who answer every single question and make others look like they are stupid. Why can't people just be nice for a change??? just a thought

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I just think that some people are just not happy with them selves. So they would rather bash someone else.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I noticed that a long time ago and agree!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Yeah the point of q and a is to get legitimate advice....but it seems spineless to allow responses to bother you.
    Anonymous

• yes mam. I feel the same way earlier i asked a question about income,, and the first comment i get is rude, " i dont think its any of your business" then move on to the next question darling.lol i mean come on. but hey they are just showing their true colors. and if u notice, most of the time they post anon. but then again think about it its the real world, real people. this is the way the real world is. there are crazy people in it. lol i feel you sweetheart. i cant stand it but i just ignore now. i get it all the time. if see a pregnancy question and u dont like the question dont answer it just move on :)
    Butterflyluvn88

Answer by Butterflyluvn88 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

•  It's expected when you get women together..lol I just blow it off. That's really all you can do..And if It's you getting bashed..Oh well. Then who cares what they think cause they obviously have issues of their own..Thats the way I look at it

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• If this type of situation makes you feel bad over an answer, then I suggest you stay off the internet period. This is the land of anonymosity.   It's the way of the internet.   If you ask a question and get replies you do not like, don't read them.   This isn't kindergarten, you can't run and tell the teacher... so you have to be a big girl and ignore it.   Read the answers that help you and HELP you only and overlook the rest.   Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... some people are just in bad moods or read questions with too much emotion of their own... it's okay... just don't respond back to them.   Another suggestion is to NEVER go back and read answers after you have answered... You do not have to defend anything you write... EVER.   Just answer and go on about your life.   It's all good!!

Anonymous

• I agree with seashore29. I hate the bashing and feel bad for people who get targeted. I don't come on very much anymore because of this reason.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 9:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Before posting a question do a search if someone else has posted a similar ? to yours and see what the answers are.

Anonymous

• Hey Girl, my name is Carrie. How you doing. I look forward to talking to you and getting to know you a little better and telling you a little about myself. Feel free to join my group at http://www.cafemom.com/group/107525

Carrie Williams
    Work at Home Mom and Wife
    http://www.incomefromhomemom.webs.com/
    Yahoo ID: carriewms01
    Message Line: 404-492-9851
    incomeathomemom

Answer by incomeathomemom at 10:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2009