My 3 yr old is potty trained but still pees in the bed??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• With some children, it's the fact that they sleep soooo soundly. He's still pretty young and hopefully will outgrow it... you might just still want to let him sleep with a pull up on or something for overnights only. Also, you could try setting an alarm to get him up to potty at a certain time each night.
    Anonymous

• How often? Is it every night, several times a night. If so he/she is not ready to go to bed without protection. Do you stop drinks at a certain time, say an hour or so before bed? Do you have them use the bathroom before bedtime?

These are all things you can try but if they still continue, they might not be ready for nighttime. Nothing wrong with a diaper at nighttime only. Some kids are heavy sleepers and just don't wake up in time.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• When my daughter was potty training, she also peed the bed a few times at night...we used pull ups at night time until she was dry for a few weeks in a row, then switched to underware...she never had any accidents during the day, so we tried to cut off drinks about 1 1/2 hours before bed time and then made her go to the bathroom before she went to bed. This seemed to help. Hang in there. Good Luck!
    mereinhart28

Answer by mereinhart28 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I would just buy some pullups and dont make a big deal out of it. If your baby is 6 and still needs the pullups then be concerned.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Don't stress it.with my nephew it was the same thing so an hr before bed we stopped drinks and then made sure he peed b4 sleep.that stopped it.good luck though!
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 10:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Your child is 3!!! Put a pullup on and let it go. For a child that age, it is normal to wet the bed. Their bodies are still developing and their bladder may be small or underdeveloped and need more time to develop fully.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• That's normal. Some kids pee the bed well into teenage years. Just don't get mad. He can't control his bladder when he's asleep.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• P.S.

Look into alarms made for bed wetting.
    NightPhoenix

• It's normal, I think you should try to wake him at night and have him pee, this helps my son, who is also 3 and wets the bed sometimes too. It usually happens when he drinks anything right before bed , or if he falls asleep without going potty first. My son whines in his sleep when he has to go and doesn't wake up on his own, I know that when he whines I've gotta take him to the bathroom. But it is normal.
    Anonymous

• My son is three too and has been potty trained for almost a year. he still isn't trained thru the night yet. We have tried several times but its still a no go. we stop drinks for him after dinner, have him go the bathroom before bed but he will still wake up wet. He is too much of a bear to wake up. So when we notice he is staying dry is when will put in underwear to bed but until then he wears a diaper at night. Good luck.
    nurbabe82

Answer by nurbabe82 at 9:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2009