kitchenaid? I've been wanting to get one I was wondering if its worth buying one for those that have one do you like it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I actually have a Bosch and I love it.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 9:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I love, love, love my kitchen aid. I went through 3 stand mixers in the first 10 years of marriage and have had the same kitchen aid for 13 years. It is worth the money, it will last close to forever if you take care of it. Watch for sales, they do go on sale every now and then.
    Anonymous

• I've had other stand mixers and I would FIGHT to keep my KitchenAid!!! It doesn't even begin to compare to the other mixers I've had. I do a LOT of baking: breads, decorated cakes, cookies, etc. and it's held up great for years.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• We have a 15-year-old Kitchen Aid and it's been great. There are other manufacturers who make fantastic mixers--Kitchen Aid is sold everywhere, and has a ton of attachments (most of which we own and NEVER use,) but you need to figure out if you will actually use the features, or if it will just be a kitchen sculpture.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My Mom's kitchen-aid has been going strong for 30 years. I use mine a few times a week and LOVE it! Money well spent IMO.
    Katiejl620

Answer by Katiejl620 at 7:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I was thinking of buying one but then started reading reviews on amazon and will stick with my 'not so fancy' one. The old ones are awesome but the new ones leak oil and break down a lot(according to the reviews that you can look at too!!) and they said the company doesn't replace it if it breaks.
    MamaBrieC

Answer by MamaBrieC at 7:52 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I love my Kitchenaid stand mixer and my Kitchenaid hand mixer. I've had the stand mixer for 17 years & have never had any problems with it. The stand mixer was a gift from my hubby to replace an old Oster stand mixer that I had that was also a very good mixer, but it had been my mother's before it was mine and had seen many good years before the motor finally went & I couldn't get replacement parts for it. I use my Kitchenaid stand mixer for making bread and it handles double batches of cookies with no trouble at all. We have a few of the attachments that my DH bought me as gifts, but I really don't use those much, so unless you know you are going to use the attachments a lot, I wouldn't bother getting them, as they are pricey.

I bought the hand mixer about 7 years ago and, the same, no problems with it. Before I got the hand mixer, I had burnt up the motors in at least 5 hand mixers previously (all different brands, too).
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I inherited one from my great aunt who was an avid baker. It still works like a charm....I LOVE it!!!
    tnsftball

Answer by tnsftball at 8:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I have my great-aunts kitchen aid as well. It is at least 20 years old. I use every function and wouldn't trade it for anything!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My mom just bought me one...I have wanted one for years. Just in time for holiday goodies. I LOVE it!!! So much better than the hand mixers that burn out regularly around here. lol
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 8:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2009