"Should a man have a say in whether or not his unborn baby should be aborted?"

Yes or No, please explain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• No...Think about all the as$holes of the world making their woman have a kid. If they can say "no" they could just as well say "do it". Yeah I wouldn't want that happening.....
    Anonymous

• nope he's lucky he even gets to know it was ever even there. It's not his body it's not his decision.
    Anonymous

• that's a tough one...I think in the end it has to be "your" decision.
    Anonymous

• yes i think he should have a say in it... but at the same time the ultimate decision is up to the woman its her body.

could you imagine if you were in the man's shoes and your girlfriend/whatever decided to abort your baby without even consulting you...
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• yes i think he should have a say in it... but at the same time the ultimate decision is up to the woman its her body. I agree well said
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• he should know but his opinion doesn't have to be the deciding factor.
    Anonymous

• Yes I think he should. Like the PP said, what if the roles were reversed? What if you were the guy, and you got someone pregnant. Would you be ok with them deciding to abort? Even if you were willing to take the baby and the "mom" not even have to be bothered with it other than the birth? I would not be okay with that.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I think his opinion should matter, but at the same time if he's willing to have unprotected sex, or sex at all, knowing the risk of pregnancy he should be man enough to respect whatever decision is made, even if it is painful for him. Now don't take this wrong, just a situation of a friends...she was in a really really bad place to be having a child, she was considering terminating the pregnancy. Her doorknob of an ex begged her, cried, pleaded to keep it. She did, he does nothing for that child, still drinks and drugs, has no job, drivers license, and so on. She is madly in love with baby, but she is having a VERY hard time right now in so many areas. I feel for her.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• also: yes there's more lol! Sometimes women don't think like men. They don't always understand or process things the way we do, especially emotional situations. To mom(not all moms, just and example), abortion is sad, hard and heartbreaking, and to dad, when he says get an abortion, he may not understand the caliber of his words. He just sees the pregnancy as a "problem" and to "fix" the problem would be the abortion.He's not always attaching feelings to this unborn child. My husband said this to me, it was his first reaction. He actually thanks me today for having his little girl! I'm not either or on the abortion sides, I just didn't feel in our situation that it was necessarily the right thing to do.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I think that if you want father's across the board to be more responsible and a part of the parenting, etc. Then you have to allow them the same rights as the mother's do.

In other words as a culture if we keep complaining about all the worthless deadbeat father's who are immature and how we should be raising son's to take more responsibility for the children in their lives. We also have to allow them the same rights mother's have, including what to do about a pregnancy.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 10:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2009