How to ease the pain w.o pain pills??

Ok so I am looking for ways to ease Siatica nerve pain... the baby has moved into a head down position, and it hurts like hell.. I can feel his head pushing down and I am looking for ways to ease the pain without taking the half pain pill of of a Vicodin ES... PLZ help..

Trinity0820

Asked by Trinity0820 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My husband would pull on my right leg at about a 45 degree angle while I was on the floor. It eased the pain a bit, but it wasn't until I had my babies that the pain was gone completely.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Ice and heat, or find a good massage therapist that can help with that
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I used ice and heat to help - it made it bearable until baby was out and then the pain went away.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• heating pad, Tylenol, stretching, hydration (sciatica is caused in part  from inflammation so hydration helps keep inflammation down).  also, check with your doctor. . . they may have suggestions. . .

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I always get sciatica when I'm pregnant. I feel your pain.
    When your muscles are strong and flexible, they help support the nerves and prevent inflamation. Doing hamstring stretches, especially in the shower because warm water helps too, helped a lot. Basically, all the leg stretches you see runners do will help the muscles and nerves at the back of your leg.
    The BEST thing though is to find a chiropractor who does "intersegmental traction." It's not as scary as it sounds. It's a bed with a mechanical roller in it. You lie on it for 10 minutes or so and it gently realigns the vertebrae in your lower back (it also helps baby find a good position). One treatment worked for almost a month for me! Got my back aligned and moved baby's head off the sciatic nerve. It was amazing, well worth the $100 for an exam and the bed.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Take a nice soak in a warm bath.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2009