Do U think it is fair that California may take an additional 10% of your paycheck?

Due to the out of control spending of the dear ole' politicians of CA and the out of control spending on "specialty programs"...and we all know what those are.....they may start taking 10% on top of other taxes, out of every paycheck. You may be able to "reclaim" it at the end of the tax year.

pvtjokerus

Asked by pvtjokerus at 10:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• And.....Pelosi wants to raise your Federal taxes up to the 45% mark.......Fair?
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 10:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• How are they going to "reclaim" it at the end of the year. Wasn't California unable to provide tax payers with the refunds they were due just this past tax year?
    Anonymous

• If that was is the extra ten percent would hurt. I'm not sure If it's ten percent more than you pay in state taxes or ten percent of your gross. Ten percent of gross would hurt pretty bad.
    Pelosi's had one too many shots of botox. Her brain dribbled out years ago.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Who knows how they are going to pay the money back....I am sure that they are "banking" on the fact that many people won't be getting their money back especially since so many don't file at the end of the year.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 10:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I think this is terrible. Now we see the inside of Pandora's Tax Box. This will only make more people leave the state and that will mean even fewer tax dollars coming in.

It is time for the government to tighten their belts like the American people have.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I give thanks every day that I no longer live in California!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• They need to stop. What happens if they have a major, Katrina-scale disaster while they're playing all these games? Not necessarily "the big one" but how about just a good sized medium one placed just right to trigger some massive fires on top of the damage from a large quake? Oh, that's right, we all get to pay for it.

How about instead they let everyone who is in an ELECTED position take a pay cut until they fix it so they have some motivation?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• How about instead they let everyone who is in an ELECTED position take a pay cut until they fix it so they have some motivation?

LMAO California has over a 24 billion dollar budget shortfall and 59 billion in outstanding general obligation bonds. I doubt Arnie forfeiting his salary is going to cover that. In fact all the politicians in Cali could forfeit their salary and Cali would still be in the red.

Anyway...Pvt it's a tough choice, but one that my state had to make as well. Our governor got raked over the coals for proposing a tax increase to prevent essential program cuts. Honestly, I'd rather pay the extra bit of taxes then see county hospitals close, more state workers laid off, and more services lost.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I doubt Arnie forfeiting his salary is going to cover that. In fact all the politicians in Cali could forfeit their salary and Cali would still be in the red.

Of course it wouldn't. However, if THEY are the ones getting the calls from collection agencies and dodging repo men for a while, maybe THEY would start to take it seriously and fix things instead of continuing to pad special interests first and worry about the people who elected them if there are any scraps left.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• There is no "may" these extra deductions begin this month. Thank you govornator...what a putz!
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 11:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2009